One of the things I get asked frequently is how I seem to have so much energy all the time! One thing is for sure; running two businesses, having 3 kids, 4 dogs and a horse, AND being a new grandma etc etc etc requires a lot of it!
I don't know if these are part of a recipe for success but I thought I'd share some of the things that work for me. I'd like to hear from you too if you have any energy secrets!
1. Be really passionate about what you do - being stuck in a rut, or a job that you dislike saps your energy constantly.
2. Eliminate tea and coffee - I've not drunk it for 20 years.
3. Have a morning and evening routine that means you have to be ultra focussed for the rest of the day. Mine is to look after my Harvey (horse!) and ride first thing. It's a big commitment but forces me to stick to the routine. It's also great exercise, out in the fresh air and because he is so special to me he always brings a smile to my face and a sense of gratitude that I have him. So it energises me and sets me up for the day.
4. I always have personal and business goals. Daily, monthly, and long term so I am constantly motivated. Btw you can't be motivated by someone else (although you can be demotivated). Motivation has to come from within so find your thing and go do it.
5. I go to bed at the same time every night and whenever possible get up at the same time too (even at weekends as a horse needs feeding and turning out regardless!)
6. I am really strict about my weight, exercise in different ways and have my own regime at home which I stick to as I can't get to the gym as often as I would like.
7. I'm one for portion control and apart from cheat nights I eat healthily.
And a bonus tip - surround yourself with positive people - get rid of the neg heads -they constantly sap your energy and bring you down.
The Number 1 thing I consistently fail on though is drinking enough water.
Would love to hear from you about your tips - You can't be a BoomBoss without energy!